AWAKE & DREAMING

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Coffee Fix

I just wrapped up another batch of induction for new agents in the call centre. The last five days have gone by smoothly in terms of work and me finishing the topics on time as I had targeted. If the bitch was at the office these last few days instead of going for her management session, the sessions would have been in choas with unecessary interuptions and the agents sitting idle while the bitch wasted my time. Luckily for us, she was away and it showed in terms of things getting done on time. However I was not really that happy with the 4 agents who were selected out of 20 or so who came for the interview. You see, I don't take any part in the selection process; I just train them and several times I have reported myself to be not satisfied in the trainning hall due to the agents being sup-par. This batch was too distractive to me and I felt that they were not up to the standard. Oh well, my part is done. It's just that I normally feel great after an induction batch is over as it usually challenges me as well - not this time however.

I haven't been sleeping well these last few days because of change in my normal schedule. I prefer working from afternoon till night since I don't have to get up early to go to work. I am not a morning person but I can stay up all night if required to. Plus I watch tv from 10 till 1 am or 2 am or 3 am. Hence getting up at 6 or 7 am after a late night is very difficult. So these days with the induction training happening, I would go to sleep only after 2 am and wakeup four hours later at the unholy hour of 6 AM and drag myself to the bathroom to brush my teeth with my eyes closed shut so tightly, you would need a crowbar to pry them open. It's not until the first sweet sip of strong black coffee dances seductively into my throat that I begin to signs of life rather than the living dead!

I have been having quite a bit of coffee these days and also look forward to my infrequent visits to coffee shops like Cafe Barista or Coffee Cafe Day to treat myself. Today after my training batch was concluded, I decided to treat myself to a good cold cup of mocachillo at Cafe Coffee Day (pictured above) and ended up having two! This was despite already having had five cups of normal hot coffee till then - which would include two black ones in the morning before breakfast to get me energised, then a cup of machine coffee at 11 @ the office. Sometime after lunch, the obligatory afternoon cup was sent to me twice (I usually only have one in the afternoon at the office) and then my two mocachillos!

Epilogue entered the next day ---- No wonder I was so wired up last night and could not sleep until after 5 am! I watched lots of tv till then.



Song for the day - "La Camisa Negra" - JUANES

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home