AWAKE & DREAMING

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Settled

Ok, now that it is exactly 10 days since the move to the apartment in Kacheripady, I am somewhat settled now. I still haven't spent a whole day in the apartment; I have spent a few hours alone and some evenings with my mom but not too long. The proximity to downtown (actually, I'm on the border of downtown) makes it too tempting to stay indoors. Also, I am used to bigger space for the last 19 years and so it kinda still feels a bit clautrophobic and all. I plan on staying home for the most of Monday, as it is a holiday and most places will be closed. I may just put my feet up and watch tv all day.

Anyway, today I was off as well, so I decided to have my day in town after a while. I slept last night around 1:00 am or so, my eyelids closing during the commercials between an episode of The Simpsons, so I decided to hit the sack. I woke up very late, almost 9:45 am and had a tiny bit of breakfast with coffee while flipping through the channels. A little argument with mom followed about.....nothing really. They usually are about nothing most of the time, you know. A shave and shower later and by 11:30 or so I was off to start my day out at Cafe Coffee Day. I had a couple of cookies with a big cup of Kaapi Nirvana, an award winning cold coffee with chocolate sauce & creame that tasted yummy.

I went to both Planet M & Music World and bought a cd each from both - a two cd best of The Scorpions and Iron Maiden's new album, respectively. I shall enter my reviews on them in later posts. Then it was on to Men's World nearby; the traffic was terrible, with cars going not much faster than a snail. I bought a pair of little brown jeans and two shirts plus a couple of underwear(!!) and while the jeans was being altered to my length specifications, I dediced to go for lunch.

The Oberio bar & restaurant is quite nearby and I popped in to a very crowded room for a couple of vodkas (changing to Moscovy from my usual Romanov, the former seems a bit more stronger in alcohol content than the latter) and had some ginger chicken & a plate of noodles, which was very good. Then I came here to browse for a while and now will be heading home to watch some football.



Song for the day - "Baba O'Reilly" - THE WHO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home