AWAKE & DREAMING

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Saying Goodbye

Saying goodbye to people you care about is never easy, especially when you may never cross paths with them again in the near future. Several people who I got to know during the last two years or more have recently moved away from my office or city and the chances of me seeing them are highly remote, given the current way of living, wherein you never get time to just catch up with an old friend.

I have asked myself this question time and time again - "Why is it that you cannot find time to keep in touch with your old friends? The ones who swore along with you that you would never be more than a phone call apart?" I ask you, how many high school friends of yours do you keep in touch with on a regular basis? I can think of just one, who I get to see atleast once a month or so - and that is just because his home is 5 minutes away from mine, if you are walking. His work is in another city, but he still stays in his parents home in Thrikkakara, meaning he gets up early in the morning to go by train to Thrissur and comes home around 8 or 9 with not much energy to do anything more than eat & sleep. But since he lives in the vicinity of my house, I get to meet him by chance.

I don't even have the phone numbers of most of my old buddies, several who were closer to me than any brother could. Don't even ask about the girls, I don't know if any of them have kids or got divorced or married. Seven years after leaving my 10 grade behind me, I used to keep in touch with a girl called Jesna, since my E-commerce class was quite close to the store where she worked part time keeping account. But I was never that close to her, still we managed to have a chat every other day or so for almost 6 months. Then no news.

One of my closest friends in the whole wide world (well from the age of 11 to 22 atleast) was the one that hurts me the most. We had a huge fight because of the asshole she called her boyfriend, and now her husband, and just like than in the space of a half-hour, we killed eleven years of friendship. I still have nightmares of that, cause I miss her terribly at times. I think she tried to get in touch with me when she got married, which was 3 after we fought, but I was unreachable at the time. I hope she is ok and I hope that jerkoff is treating her well. Cause he once broke her heart and really made her upset and it was me that she turned to. I was there for her and it was on my shoulder that she cried on. But some people never learn. I hope she never gets to regret her decision.



Song for the day - "Until We Say Goodbye" - JOE SATRIANI

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home